One Year Parts and Labor Warranty
ASTOR warrants to the original purchaser of every new ASTOR product, the equipment and all parts thereof, to be free from defects in material or workmanship, under normal and proper use and maintenance service as specified by ASTOR and upon proper installation and start-up in accordance with the instruction manual supplied with each ASTOR unit. ASTOR’s obligation under this warranty is limited to one (1) year from the date of original purchase date.
Any part covered under this warranty that are determined by ASTOR to have been defective within one (1) year from the date of original purchase, is limited to the repair or replacement, including labor charges, of defective parts or assemblies. The labor warranty shall include standard straight time labor charges only and reasonable travel time, as determined by ASTOR.
- Furnishing a replacement part, freight prepaid by ASTOR, in even exchange for the returned part, freight prepaid by customer.
- Receiving the defective part, freight collect; repairing it; and returning it, freight collect
As an option and in addition to the one (1) year warranty stated above, ASTOR, for an additional charge, can warrant its compressor to be free from defects in both material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of four (4) additional years from the date of purchase and not to exceed five (5) years after original purchase from manufacturer.
Compressors determined by ASTOR to have been defective within this optional extended time period will, at ASTOR’s option, be either repaired or replaced with a compressor or compressor parts of similar design and capacity.
- The optional four (4) year extended compressor warranty applies only to the sealed parts of the compressor and does not apply to any other parts or components, including, but not limited to, cabinet, paint finish, temperature control, refrigerant, motor starters, driers, sight glass, fan assembly or any other electrical component, etc.
The four (4) year optional warranty detailed above will be voided if the following procedure is not carefully adhered to:
- The R134A refrigerant, the polyester lubricant, has rapid moisture absorbing qualities therefore if long lasting exposure to ambient conditions occurs, the lubricant must be removed and replaced with new and approved lubricants for Tecumseh compressors.
- Drier must be replaced when system has been open to ambient conditions
- System must be vacuum pumped to ensure low moisture levels of 500 microns or lower.
Failure to comply with these recommendations will void the optional four (4) year compressor warranty.WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY
ASTOR’S sole obligation under this warranty is limited to either repair or replacement of parts, subject to the additional limitations below. This warranty neither assumes nor authorizes any person to assume obligations other than expressly covered by this warranty.
NO CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ASTOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ECONOMIC LOSS; PROFIT LOSS; OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM FOOD OR PRODUCT SPOILAGE CLAIMS WHETHER OR NOT ON ACCOUNT OF REFRIGERATION FAILURE.
WARRANTY IS NOT TRANFERABLE. This warranty is not assignable and applies only in favor of the original purchaser/user to whom delivered. ANY SUCH ASSIGNMENT OR TRANSFER SHALL VOID THE WARRANTIES HEREIN MADE AND SHALL VOID ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, EXCEPT THE ONE (1) YEAR WARRANTY AND THE OPTIONAL FOUR (4) YEAR COMPRESSOR WARRANTY AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTY AND MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF.
ALTERATION, NEGLECT, ABUSE, MISUSE, ACCIDENT, DAMAGE DURING TRANSIT OR INSTALLATION, FIRE, FLOOD, ACTS OF GOD. ASTOR is not responsible for the repair or the replacement of any parts that ASTOR determines have been subjected after the date of manufacture to alteration, neglect, abuse, misuse, accident, damage during transit or installation, fire, flood, or an act of God.
LIMITED 60 DAY WARRANTY ON ACCESSORIES. ASTOR provides a 60 day warranty from date of original purchase on faucets. This only covers defects in material & workmanship of the faucet. There is no coverage on faucets that have been deemed to be subject to misuse or abuse. Steam table heating elements will not be warranted if deemed to be damaged due to calcium build up and not properly maintained to remove calcium as required.
NON -WARRANTY ITEMS. ASTOR does not provide warranty on glass & lights that may be broken due to misuse & abuse.
TRANSPORTATION COSTS. To receive credit for a warranty part: Notify ASTOR of your need of replacement part desired. Astor will send this part freight prepaid to your company. At the same time an invoice will be issued to your company for the part with net 30 day terms. A credit memo will be issued against this invoice when the defective part is returned freight prepaid to ASTOR.
WARRANTY CLAIMS. All claims should include: model number, serial number, proof of purchase and all pertinent information supporting the existence of the alleged defect. Any action or breach of these warranty provisions must be commenced within one (1) year after that cause of action has accrued.
Product PolicyEQUIPMENT CANCELLATION
- All custom built equipment cannot be returned for credit.
- Standard goods may not be returned without prior written approval from ASTOR. Upon authorization by ASTOR, a 30% handling charge will apply.
- Goods returned must be shipped prepaid. All costs incurred to repair, recreate and restore to new condition will be deducted from the net credit.
Before signing the carrier’s freight bill, the customer should do the following:VISIBLE DAMAGE:
- inspect shipment for any damage. If you see damage or feel there may be concealed damage, mark the carrier’s copy of the freight bill “damaged”, so you may file a freight claim.
- if there is damage to your shipment, action must be taken by you to refuse the shipment or notify the carrier within 24hrs of receipt. It is the duty of the carrier to give you a written report upon notification of damage.
- for visible damage do not accept delivery unless the condition is noted on your copy of the freight bill and is signed by the driver
- if the damage is concealed, notify the carrier within 24hrs by phone and in writing. Ask them to send in their agent to complete an inspection report. Keep all crating/cartons and merchandise for inspection.
- All prices are manufacturer’s suggested list prices, all applicable taxes extra.
- All prices are F.O.B. ASTOR (Pointe Claire, Quebec, Canada)
- All list prices are in Canadian Funds, Discount structure will determine Canadian & US net price.
- Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Add 4% for crating charge.